Friday, April 13, 2012

Release 0.3 Final

Okay,

So it has come down to the last part of my project, this is my final 0.3 release for my Raspberry Pi release notes package. There are some little things that need to be touched up in my package but for the most part it is complete and can be used.

I will list what is complete and what needs to be improved for people in the future that would like to take over working on my stuff or to re-work it into something better:

Things that are done:
- The desktop application for the release notes are done, when you install the release notes it puts a proper desktop application on the menu bar.

- Icons for the desktop application are finished, I have made a range of icons starting from 16x16 to 256x256 as well as a scalable icon.

- Release notes are finished with info regarding the Raspberry Pi OS project that we have been working on.


Stuff to tweak:
- Due to the lack of time on my part I was not able to make a desktop application file for KDE, the one that is in my package is for GNOME. I would have had like to have two, one for GNOME and KDE.

- The notes in the release notes could have more information, but due to some project being dropped in the class I couldn't add any more information. I added key information that should be useful for the starting point for our Raspberry Pi Remix OS.


There you have it that is the current state of my package, there is nothing else much to do if someone else takes over my project, maybe just a touch up on the release notes and it should be good. Overall I had a great time working on this, I learned a lot and gained more knowledge on packaging and about the Raspberry Pi.


Here are links where you can pick up my SPEC, SRPM, and RPM:

Download RPM

Download SRPM

Downlaod SPEC

Info Links:

Arm-Koji Test

Koji Test

More Info on the project at the Wiki


No comments:

Post a Comment